Working at Silicon Straits & Parcel Perform
We aren’t a typical startup! Parcel Perform is a 1-year-old spin-off of Silicon Straits, we share the same office, culture and benefits. (Yes, it might be confusing, speak to us to find out more).
Parcel Perform raised a USD350K seed round to improve the last mile of the e-commerce logistics experience in Southeast Asia and beyond. Not only that, we are also winning Slush Singapore competition started recently.
Our current project uses a mix of Python Django and NodeJS in the backend and AngularJS in the front end. It is a large data analytics system building from scratch. We uses micro-services architecture with Kafka as the central channel between modules. Deployed with Docker, ECS.
We are looking for a team mate with:
Back-end developer role:
- At least 2 years, solid experience working with modern languages and frameworks. It’s ok if you don’t know Python, as long as you have the right foundation and mindset.
- Strong knowledge of scaling practices such as in-memory databases, load balancing, caching, etc.
- Worked with at least one project using a MQ as communication hub. If you start one today, that still counts.
- Fluent in RESTful and real-time communication protocols.
- Familiar with AWS stack to get the most out of infrastructure.
- Wide exposure to multiple technology stacks is an advantage, we love full stack guys (and girls!).
- Experience with building micro-services architecture.
Front-end developer role:
- Specialised in at least one CSS framework (Bootstrap/Foundation/…).
- Strong understanding of DOM principles.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Spotting 1px misalignment ;)
- Experience in CSS preprocessors and built tools.
- Basic experience with design tools like Photoshop, Sketch, MarvelApp.
- Comfortable with communication (written+spoken) in English for work discussions.
And of course, be a team player, we don’t appreciate lone superhero.
- Full-time arrangement, flexible hours, unlimited leave days.
- Get your own Macbook.
- Office at 147 Tôn Dật Tiên, Phú Mỹ Hưng, District 7, HCM
If this sounds like you, do get in touch! We would like to personally get to know you, discuss your visions & ideas. As a first step, please submit your updated CV to [email protected].
You may also be interested in:
Love Silicon Straits and want to know more about our company culture, working environment or job vacancies?
Find out more at careers.siliconstraits.vn.
Be Challenged. Be Inspired. Be Different.